Access Issues — Archives
- Carson National Forest Released Travel Management Environmental Assessment for 'West-side' Districts
- Cibola National Forest Releases Long-Awaited Mount Taylor Travel Management Environmental Assessment
- Mt Taylor Ranger District (Cibola National Forest) Releases Proposed Action for Managing Motorized Travel
- Mount Taylor Ranger District Travel Management Rule Starting Point Maps Available and Two More Public Meetings
- Comment Period Extended for Travel Planing for the Glade Run Recreation Area (aka Chokecherry Canyon)
- Socorro Proposed Resource Management Plan and Final Environmental Impact Statement Finally Released!
- Proposed Trackways National Monument
Last Updated: December 19, 2008
Senator Bingaman (D-NM) has introduced legislation to create a new National Monument in the Robledo Mountains near Las Cruces, NM to protect fossilized tracks left by prehistoric creatures.
This Monument is a threat to all existing recreational uses of the area, including motorized recreation. The bill specifies a monument of more than five thousand acres and almost completely contains the Chile Canyons 4WD trail system. It also requires that adjacent lands to be managed to protect the resources
NM State Legislation
- They Are At It Again! Congress Trying to Ram Through a 2010 Omnibus Lands Bill that AFFECTS NEW MEXICO OHV Access