Access Issues — Archives
- Carson National Forest Released Travel Management Environmental Assessment for 'West-side' Districts
- Carson National Forest Releases Proposed Action for Travel Management for Questa District
Last Updated: August 13, 2009
The Carson National Forest has released their Proposed Action for Travel Management on the Questa District. This is the fifth (of six total) District they have released for public comment. The Questa District covers the popular OHV areas in the Red River area. The release of this documents starts the 30 day comment period for the public that ends on September 5th. Comments on these documents are required for 'standing' in the appeal process that will follow.
Once the route designation process ends later this year, it will only be legal to travel on the designated roads and trails. If your favorite road or trail is not in the proposal, we will lose it if you don't take action.
After the 30 day comment period ends, the Forest Service will finish their analysis process and issue a Final Environmental Assessment (EA). Only those people with 'standing' will be able to appeal the EA when it is released.
- Cibola National Forest Releases Long-Awaited Mount Taylor Travel Management Environmental Assessment
- Mt Taylor Ranger District (Cibola National Forest) Releases Proposed Action for Managing Motorized Travel
- Mount Taylor Ranger District Travel Management Rule Starting Point Maps Available and Two More Public Meetings
- Comment Period Extended for Travel Planing for the Glade Run Recreation Area (aka Chokecherry Canyon)
- Socorro Proposed Resource Management Plan and Final Environmental Impact Statement Finally Released!
NM State Legislation
- They Are At It Again! Congress Trying to Ram Through a 2010 Omnibus Lands Bill that AFFECTS NEW MEXICO OHV Access