Access Issues — Archives
- Carson National Forest Released Travel Management Environmental Assessment for 'West-side' Districts
- Carson National Forest to Provide Full Travel Management EA's for Public Comment
Last Updated: October 28, 2009
NMOHVA and others protested the lack of full Travel Management EA's for the Westside (Canjillon, El Rito, and Tres Piedras) and Questa Districts on which to base public comment. The Forest had only issued Proposed Actions augmented with very preliminary conclusions. The documents lacked the effects analysis which is the cornerstone of the document and forms the basis for the project decision. NMOHVA sent a letter formally protesting the course of action and asked the Carson to issue a full EA for public comment.
The Carson has now reversed course and announced late today that they will be releasing full EA's for all of their Districts for public comment in September:
"In response to many requests, we will be sending out Travel Management Environmental Assessments (EA) with a new 30 day Notice and Comment period. We anticipate that the EA's will be out for public review in September, 2009." - Carson National Forest web site 8/13/09
NMOHVA applauds this change in direction. "This will give the public an opportunity to have a full analysis to carefully review and on which to provide comments," said President Mark Werkmeister.
- Cibola National Forest Releases Long-Awaited Mount Taylor Travel Management Environmental Assessment
- Mt Taylor Ranger District (Cibola National Forest) Releases Proposed Action for Managing Motorized Travel
- Mount Taylor Ranger District Travel Management Rule Starting Point Maps Available and Two More Public Meetings
- Comment Period Extended for Travel Planing for the Glade Run Recreation Area (aka Chokecherry Canyon)
- Socorro Proposed Resource Management Plan and Final Environmental Impact Statement Finally Released!
NM State Legislation
- They Are At It Again! Congress Trying to Ram Through a 2010 Omnibus Lands Bill that AFFECTS NEW MEXICO OHV Access